Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Okay, Maybe I'm Wrong

Despite her win in Puerto Rico (which cannot help her with delegates), Hillary said yesterday that she was weighing her options but that her "political obituary" had not been written yet.

Sounds to me like she is possibly signalling her withdrawal. Even so, I think this has gone on long enough that many in the Democratic Party will be angry at what they will perceive as poor treatment of Hillary.

I do think that the Democratic Convention will be of interest.

Regardless of who the nominee is, both candidates have professed their allegiance to the pro-abortion ideology of the party platform. The issue of abortion has far more reaching implications than most people realize. Either Democrat, if elected to office, will be placed in a position to overturn Mexico City Policy, lift the ban on embryo-destroying stem cell research and a whole host of other related issues. And those are just policy-related issues--if the Democrats remain in charge of Congress, pro-life legislation will likely never see the light of day.

No comments: