Can Catholics Vote for Obama?
Okay, I'm not Catholic so I cannot speak for Catholics. However, I have great respect for the Catholic faith and recognize that many of us protestants owe a great deal to the Church Fathers. Having worked with many Catholics over the years, I have seen what can happen when truly committed Catholics work to effect change-- it's fascinating and humbling.
What is concerning to me is the large number of Catholics who are willing to see all social issues as equal (and we protestants have the same problem going on as well). There are some issues, whether you are Catholic or not, that should be seen as non-negotiable. Abortion is one of those issues.
Katherine Jean Lopez, NRO Editor, addresses this issue--as a Catholic--in her column syndicated through United Media.



2 comments:
If you are 100% Catholic, you will not vote for Obama. If you do, you are rationalizing your catholic faith-note the small "c"- with your political party. It is no longer a choice of conscience. The Church has spoken on the issue: you may not vote for a pro-abortion candidate. Do you then have to vote for the other candidate? No.
Good summary-- thanks!
Post a Comment