Monday, June 9, 2008

Hillary Has Some Work to Do

First off, I apologize for not posting over the weekend. I will write a post on Saturdays or Sundays if something big happens or if I run across something I feel is important. However, this past weekend, for some reason, I couldn't log into my blog so I apologize for not writing about Hillary's speech sooner.

After endorsing Barack Obama on Saturday, Hillary's next big challenge will be to convince her supporters to support him. There have been a number of polls done that show that some of her supporters would switch to McCain instead of Obama. Now, of course, I personally hope they do jump to McCain but the Democrats are hoping to keep those voters.

McCain has a job in front of him as well. He is known as a maverick and for bending Republican rules (which in this election may not be a bad thing). But something will need to be done to pull in conservative voters while not alienating independents. Important questions about social issues--such as abortion--are of great concern to many, many conservative voters. McCain has done a good job of showing support to these voters and their concerns--but his V.P. pick will be the true indicator for many.

No comments: