George Tiller
I apologize for not posting in the last few weeks. We've been busy with exams and now cleaning up our classrooms, posting grades, etc.
I did want to comment on George Tiller's death. I had hoped that it wouldn't be someone claiming to be "pro-life" but that is not the case.
George Tiller's murder was wrong. Period. And my condolences go to his family. You cannot claim to be pro-life and then accept that because of who someone is or what he or she does means that they are the "exception" to the rule.
"The pro-life movement works to protect the right to life and increase respect for human life. The unlawful use of violence is directly contrary to that goal."
Amen.



2 comments:
As someone adamently pro-choice, I appreciate your comment. What absolutely must happen is the condemnation of people like Randall Terry and even Bill O'Reilly who insist on using terms like "baby killer" which only serves to fuel hatred and decrease the possibility of civilized discourse to resolve problems. That feeds the need of individuals whose livelihoods depend on that friction. What would they do if, instead of conjuring up images of pure evil, opposing groups talked to each other? They would serve no purpose and they know it.
Are you old enough to remember when complications in the third trimester were considered tragedies and not fodder for political debates? How sad women suffering untold grief, carrying a fatally ill fetus, is called a killer.
Thank you. I strongly feel that when conversations turn to yelling matches we have lost the focus of the conversation-- helping women and their children.
Post a Comment