Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Race Card?

The media has picked up on the "race" issue in the campaign. First of all, I'm not sure any normal, mainstream commentator has made any complaint about Obama's skin color (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Frankly, I don't care what color skin he has-- I do, however, care about Obama's policies. More importantly, I care about the impact those policies will have on human life.

A race issue we should focus on is the fact that Black Americans make up only 13 percent of the total U.S. population yet Black women have over 1/3 of the 1.2 million abortions a year-- this should be a red flag for anyone. Yet Barack Obama has repeatedly and vociferously defended every pro-abortion bill/legislative agenda to come down from the hallowed halls of Planned Parenthood or NARAL.

Black children are dying every day in this country along with children of every other race and ethnic creed. Instead of working to stop this tragic and senseless loss of life, Barack Obama's beliefs and policies would foster it.

No comments: