Universal Health Care-- Redux
It may not be called the "Clinton" Health Care Plan but it's guaranteed to be just as expensive, just as cumbersome and just as pro-abortion.
So, we're headed for even more economic woes and we're going to throw federal monies and bureaucracy into the health care system?!
As for pro-abortion: don't believe me? Look at his speech before Planned Parenthood Action Fund in July 2007 (go ahead, I'll wait, the transcript is on the right, yup, just there...) At the end of the transcript, Barack Obama is asked some questions by three audience members. The first question is how "reproductive rights" and Planned Parenthood fit into a universal health care plan. Barack Obama's answer:
Well, look, in my mind reproductive care is essential care--basic care--so it is at the center, the heart of the plan that I propose. . . .
But, essentially, what we are doing is to say that we’re going to set up a public plan that all persons and all women can access if they don’t have health insurance. It’ll be a plan that will provide all essential services, including reproductive services, as well as mental health services and disease management services. [scattered applause]
. . .
Now, I know I’m limited on time but I just want to expand on that second part of your question which is the role that organizations like Planned Parenthood play. . . .my hope is that we still have non-profit participation under my plan.
But, in the meantime, what I’ve said is that I believe we can have universal health care in this country by the end of the next president’s first term. By the end of my first term as president [applause] of the United States of America.
[Italics mine]
In pro-abortion parlance "reproductive healthcare" doesn't just mean pre-natal care (by the way, check out the "pre-natal care" section of a recent Planned Parenthood Annual Report and you'll notice that they don't do a lot of that.) The foundation of "reproductive healthcare" is abortion on demand. To sum up:
Obama Health Care Plan = abortion-on-demand with your tax dollars



No comments:
Post a Comment