McCain and Obama Win Virginia, Maryland and DC Primaries
For Barack Obama, it was a sweep. And Mrs. Clinton may want to think twice about her campaign.
McCain won Virginia, Maryland and DC also although his margin wasn't as wide as Obama's in the state of Virginia.
I have to admit that I had to think long and hard about how I voted. Huckabee better represents my beliefs in a number of areas but realistically, in a general election, McCain would pull in more independent voters. And if the Democratic nominee is Obama then in a McCain/Obama matchup, McCain has a much better chance of winning.
If I thought my vote would jeopardize McCain's standing, I would have likely voted for him. But voting for Huckabee let me say to McCain that I prefer a candidate with conservative opinion on issues like abortion and stem cell research. Mr. McCain needs to know why many who vote Republican still hesitate to throw our hat in the ring.
As I said in last night's post, we are not so "easily led".



No comments:
Post a Comment