Notre Dame and Barack Obama
I'm not Catholic and didn't attend Notre Dame but I am outraged that faithful pro-life Catholics who attended the university had to watch this farce unfold.
Notre Dame is supposed to still stand for faithful Catholicism but, alas, inviting a vehemently pro-abortion president and awarding him an honorary degree flies in the face of all of that.
Barack Obama talks about discussing abortion reasonably. When? Where? With whom? Has he invited pro-life groups to the White House? Has he reached out to them in various venues to discuss the issue? The closest he has come to rubbing elbows with pro-lifers is at events like the Notre Dame commencement. Being in the same room with pro-lifers does not a conversation make.
I won't believe anything he says about a "reasonable" discussion on abortion until I see the White House announcement of a summit at which legitimate pro-life groups are invited to discuss the abortion issue. I won't believe it until I see the White House take reasonable positions on abortion-related issues. I won't believe it until I see Barack Obama leave alone protective legislation and laws such as the Hyde Amendment.
Until then, Obama's promises are just smoke in the wind.



No comments:
Post a Comment